Learn more about our Gym
1. Are your classes pay as you go? Yes. All our classes are €9 per class and are open to members and non members. You don’t have to sign up to a course, You can go to as many or as little classes you like. We also offer a 10 class pass for €80 this will give you access to many classes.
2. Do I have to book the classes in advance? To guarantee your place we strongly recommend that you book and pay for your class in advance. Your place is not guaranteed until it is paid for so that we don’t unnecessarily turn people away. You can pay by card over the phone, you can drop in or you can prepay for classes.
1.What happens when I join? One of our instructors will go through your current fitness levels, do a full health assessment and fitness profile and will discuss your goals. They will then design an exercise programme based on your needs and help you through your first workout making sure you are comfortable with the equipment and the exercises.
Once you have been to the gym a few times you can schedule another session with one of our instructors where she will go through your programme and routine again and help you through another workout.
At all times there is someone there to help you if you have any questions or need assistance with any of the equipment. To help you reach your goals and to help keep you stay on track we will remind you to have an assessment each month. This only takes a few minutes and members say it has really helped them stay focused.
2. Do you have parking? Absolutely. There is lots of free parking at the gym. We are centrally located just off the Raheen Roundabout, in the same centre as AIB and Centra.
3. How much does it cost? We have different plans to suit your needs starting from only €1/day. Give us a call or come in and have a look around and we will discuss what plan best suits your needs and your budget.
4. I’ve never joined a gym before, what should I expect? Well, lots of our members are joining for the first time. And Women’s Fitness Plus is the perfect beginners gym. Our equipment is straightforward and uncomplicated. Our instructors are fully qualified and have years of experience in helping women get started in an exercise programme. And you’re not alone. You’ll meet lots of women of all ages that are getting into exercise and loving it.
5. What is the average age of members at the gym? We have women of all ages, from their teens to their seventies. We will make a workout programme for your fitness level and your ability and help you to improve your fitness level regardless of your age.
6. Is there a dress code? Wear what you feel comfortable in. You don’t need the latest designer sportswear! An ordinary tshirt, sports top and shorts or bottoms and a pair of runners is all you need. Bring a small towel to wipe off any sweat and you’re good to go.
7. Are you different to other women only gyms? Unlike other women only gyms Women’s Fitness Plus is a full gym with a wide selection of equipment. We have treadmills, crosstrainers, rowing machines, bikes, free weights, kettlebells, medicine balls, resistance equipment and a separate studio with spinning, BODYPUMP, kettlebells and much much more.
And yes, we have changing rooms, lockers and showers! All our instructors are fully qualified and we have no restrictions on when, how often and for how long you can use the gym.